Additional blank record inserted ?

David

Hi,

I have the following code which adds a record to a table:

vUser = request.form("user") '(UserID = PK in table)
vPass = request.form("pass")
vEmail = request.form("email")

uSQL = "INSERT OrderStatusAccess (UserID, Password, Email, CustomerID)
values ('" & vUser & "', '" & vPass & "', '" & vEmail & "', '" &
session("customer") & "');"

adoDataConn.Execute (uSQL)

Why does this insert the single record plus a blank one ?

Thanks

David

Ray at

What makes you think that's what's happening? Where are you seeing this
blank record? What kind of database?

Ray at work

William Morris

Based on what you posted it's impossible to say with any reliability. The
SQL appears to be fine. Is there perhaps a trigger on the table that would
insert another record based on some arbitrary condition? And, how do you
know there's an extra record?

David Gordon

Hi Ray,

I am running an MS Access front end app with tables in a MySQL DB on our
Linux Server, which are import-linked back into MS Access. The ASP
updates the MySQL DB.

A/ I can view the records in a form in MS Access which shows all users
under a specific customer.

B/ When I view other pages in my asp app, they list the users and a
blank record ?

David

Ray at

David Gordon said:
Hi Ray,

I am running an MS Access front end app with tables in a MySQL DB on our
Linux Server, which are import-linked back into MS Access. The ASP
updates the MySQL DB.

A/ I can view the records in a form in MS Access which shows all users
under a specific customer.

Doesn't Access often leave a blank row so you have a place to start typing
if you want to add a record?
B/ When I view other pages in my asp app, they list the users and a
blank record ?

That could be coming in from some flaw in coding or something, like
forgetting that arrays are zero based or something along those lines.

Ray at work