Additional blank record inserted ?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following code which adds a record to a table:

    vUser = request.form("user") '(UserID = PK in table)
    vPass = request.form("pass")
    vEmail = request.form("email")

    uSQL = "INSERT OrderStatusAccess (UserID, Password, Email, CustomerID)
    values ('" & vUser & "', '" & vPass & "', '" & vEmail & "', '" &
    session("customer") & "');"

    adoDataConn.Execute (uSQL)

    Why does this insert the single record plus a blank one ?

    Thanks

    David

    David, Jan 7, 2004

  2. David

    Ray at Guest

    What makes you think that's what's happening? Where are you seeing this
    blank record? What kind of database?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Based on what you posted it's impossible to say with any reliability. The
    SQL appears to be fine. Is there perhaps a trigger on the table that would
    insert another record based on some arbitrary condition? And, how do you
    know there's an extra record?

    William Morris, Jan 7, 2004
  4. David

    David Gordon Guest

    Hi Ray,

    I am running an MS Access front end app with tables in a MySQL DB on our
    Linux Server, which are import-linked back into MS Access. The ASP
    updates the MySQL DB.

    A/ I can view the records in a form in MS Access which shows all users
    under a specific customer.

    B/ When I view other pages in my asp app, they list the users and a
    blank record ?

    David

    David Gordon, Jan 7, 2004
  5. David

    Ray at Guest

    "David Gordon" <> wrote in message

    > Hi Ray,
    >
    > I am running an MS Access front end app with tables in a MySQL DB on our
    > Linux Server, which are import-linked back into MS Access. The ASP
    > updates the MySQL DB.
    >
    > A/ I can view the records in a form in MS Access which shows all users
    > under a specific customer.

    Doesn't Access often leave a blank row so you have a place to start typing
    if you want to add a record?

    > B/ When I view other pages in my asp app, they list the users and a
    > blank record ?

    That could be coming in from some flaw in coding or something, like
    forgetting that arrays are zero based or something along those lines.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 7, 2004