addKeyListener in JInternalFrame?

Ron

The following code does not seem to work:

public class DocumentSetupDialog extends JInternalFrame {
public DocumentSetupDialog {
addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() {
public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
System.out.println("hello");
}
});

Neither does getGlassPane().addKeyListener()

How do I pick up key events in JInternalFrames?

Thanks,
Ron

zero

The following code does not seem to work:

public class DocumentSetupDialog extends JInternalFrame {
public DocumentSetupDialog {
addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() {
public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
System.out.println("hello");
}
});

Neither does getGlassPane().addKeyListener()

How do I pick up key events in JInternalFrames?

Thanks,
Ron

I haven't tried this, but I read somewhere that you should add the
KeyListener to the DesktopPane, and in the keyPressed method use
getSelectedFrame to see which JInternalFrame has the focus.

Michael Dunn

Ron said:
The following code does not seem to work:

public class DocumentSetupDialog extends JInternalFrame {
public DocumentSetupDialog {
addKeyListener(new KeyAdapter() {
public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
System.out.println("hello");
}
});

Neither does getGlassPane().addKeyListener()

How do I pick up key events in JInternalFrames?

Thanks,
Ron

add this line

public DocumentSetupDialog {