Address Book

Bsiang Tan

Dear all experts,

In Yahoo Mail or Hotmail, we could click a button / or a link..[Insert
Address]
then it will pop up a new windows [Address Book] let us choose the username,
then when we close this child window, the original window, in
the recipient address will auto fill in all the user's email we select just
now..

Could anyone kindly point me how to do that ?
I don't know how to pop up a new child windows, and also don't know how to
make the
parent windows get the information the user select in the child windows.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Bsiang

Sarmad Aljazrawi

If i got you right, then you can use:

Window.open, window.showModalDialog, window.showModelessDialog

to open a new window, and in the opened window you can use

opener.document object to get access objects in the main window.

obs: if you use something like "x = window.open" then you can use (x) to get
access to objects in the child window.

hope this would help and feel free to post back for more info.

Regards

Bsiang Tan

Dear Sarmad Aljazrawi,

Thank for your help, but I still have some problem, as I am newbie in
Asp.net. Hope you ca help me.

Let's say if I use "x = window.open('child.aspx')" in my child.aspx, i
have 2 textbox,
and once user fill the info into those 2 textbox, and close the child.aspx.
How can I get the value of those 2 textbox, and assign into my parent
window's variable, like
assignt the textbox1 value into my variable username[string], second
textbox2 value assign into my variable password[string].

Thank for your kindness.

Best regards,
Bsiang.