    Thanks.

    --
    RT

    Robert Thompson, May 7, 2007

  2. Robert Thompson

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    I suppose you could ask that here. :) I'm not sure if there is a perfect
    group for ADFS yet.

    ADFS has two supported methods for app integration:
    Claims-aware
    Windows token

    Claims-aware apps are the most flexible, but you are limited not only to
    ..NET apps but those that use .NET 2.0+ so that won't work for you.

    Windows token-integrated apps will support basically anything that runs on
    IIS including classic ASP, but the app has to be designed essentially to
    work with Windows security. The web server must be a domain member of the
    same forest the resource ADFS server is in. If the app is designed to use
    integrated Windows auth (or Basic) right now and authenticates domain users,
    then this integration should not be difficult. If the app uses a custom
    authentication mechanism like forms auth, then this will likely be more
    tricky.

    I'm not sure what the best documents to look at are for ADFS app integration
    just yet. Keith Brown had a pretty decent high level overview in MSDN
    magazine a while ago.

    I know all the nuts and bolts and can answer all sorts of specific questions
    if you post back here. We also host a forum on ADFS at
    www.directoryprogramming.net, but I'm not really picky as to what discussion
    forum you use.

    HTH,

    Joe K.

    http://www.directoryprogramming.net
    --
    "Robert Thompson" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Joe Kaplan, May 8, 2007

  3. Joe,

    Thanks for the info. I had a feeling there might be some issues with classic
    ASP but I'll continue to research a viable solution.

    --
    RT

    Robert Thompson, May 8, 2007