Adhering to a particular WSDL - basics

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sinex, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. Sinex

    Sinex Guest

    Hi !
    Am writing a webservice that will be called by another web service. Now, I
    understand that we have to agree on a contract before the two web services
    can talk to each other. How should I proceed?

    I've been given a WSDL specifying the types and messages. Now, how do I
    write my webservice such that it adheres to this WSDL?

    One use case is:
    Client will call my web service requesting for a list of employees. I'm
    retrieving the records from my DB and now have to send it back to the
    client. There is a type in the WSDL that defines "Employee". So, do i have
    to define a class in my code matching this type definition in WSDL? After
    that do I just serialize the employee record into xml and send it back to
    the client?

    Any samples/links to samples will be helpful !

    regards,
    Sinex
    Sinex, Apr 25, 2007