Administrator password for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Simple Java Drinker, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. I decided to reinstall the Windows XP on my computer by using the
    Repair Option. After typing "R" as required I am requested to input an
    administrator password. The problem is that no administrator user or
    password has ever been created and intalled in my computer.

    I am using Windows XP Professional OEM version, SP2, dot net one,
    security updates, Java.

    After shutdown and restarting from Windows CD the screen present the
    options to reinstall Windows or repair. I typed "R" for the repair
    option, then a request for administrator password appear. If any
    combination of characters including "adminstrator", "owner", etc the
    message stating that it is an invalid password appears. After 3 tries
    the computer reboot and restart from Windows CD and it is back to
    square one.

    If I leave the password blank and just hit the "ENTER" key the system
    exit to MS DOS Command Prompt, C:\WINDOWS >.

    No administrator type of user or password was ever installed on this
    computer. I have only created user names for the various users of this
    computer, for example, "wife", "child", "John", etc. There is no
    password. Just type in the user name, leave the password field blank,
    hit the "Enter" key and the computer will start.

    Can anyone tell what to type in when Windows installation request for a
    adminstrator password. How can I look for an administrator password
    when none have created.

    I never have any problems installing programs.

    Simple Java Drinker, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Simple Java Drinker

    Lee Guest

    Simple Java Drinker said:

    >I decided to reinstall the Windows XP on my computer by using the
    >Repair Option.

    Why are you asking about this in a Javascript newsgroup?
    Perhaps you thought you were posting to:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    Lee, Dec 31, 2005