Administrator password for Windows XP

Simple Java Drinker

I decided to reinstall the Windows XP on my computer by using the
Repair Option. After typing "R" as required I am requested to input an
administrator password. The problem is that no administrator user or
password has ever been created and intalled in my computer.

I am using Windows XP Professional OEM version, SP2, dot net one,
security updates, Java.

After shutdown and restarting from Windows CD the screen present the
options to reinstall Windows or repair. I typed "R" for the repair
option, then a request for administrator password appear. If any
combination of characters including "adminstrator", "owner", etc the
message stating that it is an invalid password appears. After 3 tries
the computer reboot and restart from Windows CD and it is back to
square one.

If I leave the password blank and just hit the "ENTER" key the system
exit to MS DOS Command Prompt, C:\WINDOWS >.

No administrator type of user or password was ever installed on this
computer. I have only created user names for the various users of this
computer, for example, "wife", "child", "John", etc. There is no
password. Just type in the user name, leave the password field blank,
hit the "Enter" key and the computer will start.

Can anyone tell what to type in when Windows installation request for a
adminstrator password. How can I look for an administrator password
when none have created.

I never have any problems installing programs.

Lee

Simple Java Drinker said:
I decided to reinstall the Windows XP on my computer by using the
Repair Option.

Why are you asking about this in a Javascript newsgroup?
Perhaps you thought you were posting to:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support