    Thanks
    --
    Homer J.
    Homer J., Dec 26, 2008

  2. Homer J.

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Homer J." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the best approach for an administrator to reset a User Password.
    >
    > I have a user that has forgot his password and can't remember his security
    > question. I thought about just resetting his password...but everything I
    > find requires you to know the security question and answer.
    >
    > ...or would it be best to change their security question and answer?
    >
    > This wasn't something that I factored in to my project. Some sound advice
    > would be greatly appreciated.

    Set it to a default or in other words reset the psw with the application
    forcing a change of psw on the user's psw the next time the user logs-in
    with the reset psw into the application. It could also take the path of give
    security question and answer too on the reset.
    Mr. Arnold, Dec 27, 2008

  3. Homer J.

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    In my web.config I disable password retrieval and enable password reset.
    There's also a setting for requiresQuestionAndAnswer, which you can enable
    or disable. When disabled, the user just has to supply the username in the
    PasswordRecovery control. I added some code so they can enter their email
    address or the user name. If whatever they enter doesn't exist as a
    username, I try it as a user email address. If it matches, I replace what
    they typed with the user name.

    Paul Shapiro, Dec 28, 2008
  4. Homer J.

    Homer J. Guest

    Interesting. If the "RequiresQuestionAndAnswer" is set to false, will it
    generate an Email with a temporary password? Right now I have it set so that
    when they answer the question correctly An Email w/Temp Passord is set. But,
    as I explained in my original post, the user forgot the answer to his preset
    security question as well. What can I say...id10t error.

    --
    Homer J.

    Homer J., Dec 28, 2008