AdminMisc

Alexandre Jaquet

Arndt Jonasson

Alexandre Jaquet said:
Hi again, I got another problem I've try to install Win32::AdminMisc
version 5008 founded here
ftp://www.roth.net/pub/ntperl/adminmisc/20030714/bin/AdminMisc_5008.Zip

I follow install instruction described here :

http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/3727/3727.html

But when I run test.pl perl interpreter crash ...

I run the following perl version :

Please be more specific than "perl interpreter crash".

Alexandre Jaquet

Arndt Jonasson a écrit :
Please be more specific than "perl interpreter crash".

perl command line interpreter and the complete message is :

AppName: perl.exe AppVer: 5.8.6.811 ModName: adminmisc.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002568

thx

A. Sinan Unur

Hi again, I got another problem I've try to install Win32::AdminMisc
version 5008 founded here
ftp://www.roth.net/pub/ntperl/adminmisc/20030714/bin/AdminMisc_ 5008.Zip

I follow install instruction described here :

http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/3727/3727.html

But when I run test.pl perl interpreter crash ...

I run the following perl version :

Yeah, you might consider actually readin' stuff, you know:

From http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/3727/3727.html

The following steps guide you through the download and install process
for the AdminMisc extension appropriate for ActiveState’s Perl for
Win32, version 5.003_07, build 316. Here are the nine steps:

So, the version of the module you downloaded is compiled for a much
older version of the Perl distribution you are using.

What might be the solution you might ask. Well, it is shocking, but you
can get the version of the package that matches the version of the Perl
distribution you are using.

Where can you find that? Oh my, from the same site where you dowloaded
the other version:

http://www.roth.net/perl/adminmisc/

If you still have problems after downloading the most up-to-date version
of the module, then please do post here with a better description of the
problem.

Sinan