ADO Connection Pooling Using CPP.

sk.rasheedfarhan

Hi ,

i want to manage connection pooling using C++ code, below is the code i
am using so can any body tell me if this code is correct or not ? if
not plz send me a snap shot !!!
if the code is correct i am having some queries:
1) my connection string is correct or not ? In my code it
is not throwing any exception & working properly
2) in connection string i am using pooling = true/false
but it is not creating new connection. i hope it is using pooling
concept implicitly but in false case it has to create a new conection
each iteration.
3) m_pConnection->Close(); is not loosing the connection
i am seeing in the Perfmon.msc ->(SQL Server:General Statistics,User
Connections) but it is not loosing the connection(graph is not
falling).

I was very confused to Debug and analyze according to theory concepts
so plz some body help.

int main()
{
CoInitialize(NULL);
_ConnectionPtr m_pConnection;
_ConnectionPtr rasheed;
m_pConnection.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Connection));
for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
{
try
{
//Connection String and Connection
Creation........
m_pConnection->Open("Provider='SQLOLEDB';
Persist Security
Info=False;UserID=sa;Password=sa;
Data Source=(local);Initial
Catalog='databasename';Integrated
Security='SSPI';Min Pool
Size=0;Max Pool Size=10;OLE DB Services= -
1; pooling = true","","",
adConnectUnspecified );

//Connection Close........
m_pConnection->Close();
}//End of Try block

catch(_com_error & conn)
{

printf("%s",conn.ErrorMessage);
}//End of Catch block
}//End of loop

CoUninitialize();
return 0;
}

Sincerly,
Rasheed

Howard

Hi ,

i want to manage connection pooling using C++ code, below is the code i
am using so can any body tell me if this code is correct or not ? if
not plz send me a snap shot !!!

You'll need to ask in a newsgroup related to ADO, databases, or the like.
There is nothing in the C++ language (which is what we discuss here) which
directly supports database connections. You might try a Google search to
see what groups have responded to ADO questions in the past.

-Howard

sk.rasheedfarhan

Thanks Howard,

U saved my valuable time............by suggesting good group.....