ADO.NET 2.0, WebMethods and datatable strange behavior

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by A.M-SG, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. A.M-SG

    A.M-SG Guest

    Hi,

    I am using VS2005 and .NET 2.0

    I have a WebMethod that accept a typed data table. I realized that whatever
    rows that client sends to the SOAP server through the datatable, the
    webmethod received an empty datatable!!

    After spending several hours, I found that the only kind of data table that
    I can pass it to a webmethod is detached datatable. If data table is
    attached and part of a dataset, then the webmethod receives an empty
    datatable!

    Is that true? Or I am missing something?

    Thank you,

    Alan
    A.M-SG, Jan 30, 2006

  2. A.M-SG