    error like "Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E09)
    Cannot update. Database or object is read-only."

    Any suggestions will be appriciated.

    Khurram Hanif, May 5, 2005

  2. The folder the database is sitting in does not have write permissions to the
    windows account your ASP or ASP.NET http request is being handled under.

    In classic ASP, that windows account was IUSR_machinename???.
    In ASP.NET (depending on the server OS), that windows account could
    be NETWORK SERVICE or any other windows account defined in IIS (could
    be different in Win2k3 because you can define application pools and assign
    them
    to run under different windows accounts).

    --
    2004 and 2005 Microsoft MVP C#
    Robbe Morris

    Robbe Morris [C# MVP], May 5, 2005