ADO Stream error. Please HELP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Pedro, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Pedro

    Pedro Guest

    I'm trying to execute the piece of code below:

    Const adTypeBinary = 1
    Dim BinaryStream
    Set BinaryStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")

    'Specify stream type - we want To get binary data.
    BinaryStream.Type = adTypeBinary

    'Open the stream
    BinaryStream.Open "URL=http://server/docs/myfile.jpg"

    As soon as the Open method is executed I get the follwoing
    message:
    Microsoft OLE DB Service Components error '80040e19'

    Object or data matching the name, range, or selection
    criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.

    The code above works well when I run it locally against my
    local instance of IIS5.0. When I load it into my ISP
    server, I get the error message above.

    Thanks for the help.
    Pedro.
    Pedro, Feb 11, 2004

  2. (a) compare the versions of MDAC local and remote
    (b) are you sure you meant to use a URL (http://) and not a local file path?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Pedro

    Pedro Guest

    That's right, I meant URL. I've since moved away from the
    STREAM object and I'm now just using Response.Redirect. It
    seems to be working.
    Thanks.

    Pedro, Feb 12, 2004