ADO STREAM error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Pedro, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Pedro

    Pedro Guest

    I'm trying to execute the piece of code below:

    Const adTypeBinary = 1
    Dim BinaryStream
    Set BinaryStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")

    'Specify stream type - we want To get binary data.
    BinaryStream.Type = adTypeBinary

    'Open the stream
    BinaryStream.Open
    URL=http://server/docs/mydocs/myfile.jpg

    As soon as the Open method is executed I get the follwoing
    message:
    Microsoft OLE DB Service Components error '80040e19'

    Object or data matching the name, range, or selection
    criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.

    The code above works well when I run it locally against my
    local instance of IIS5.0. When I load it into my ISP
    server, I get the error message above.

    Thanks for the help.
    Pedro.
    Pedro, Feb 10, 2004

  2. put the URL in a string variable and pass it to the open method.

    rafael

    Rafael Chemtob, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Pedro

    Pedro Guest

    I tried saving URL to a variable and passing it to the
    Open method. It didn't work. I got the same error
    message...

    Pedro, Feb 11, 2004