Adobe COM with Python

Andy W

I'm wanting to automate Adove Acrobat Reader using Com thru Python and
win32com, but i can't find any documentation for the Adobe stuff? Has
anyone done anything with Acrobat COM ?

I've searched Google groups and the web but am unable to find anything.

Thanks

Andy

Benjamin Niemann

Andy said:
I'm wanting to automate Adove Acrobat Reader using Com thru Python and
win32com, but i can't find any documentation for the Adobe stuff? Has
anyone done anything with Acrobat COM ?

I've searched Google groups and the web but am unable to find anything.

I have not hacked Acrobat yet, but done a bit with InDesign - Adobe's
documentation is less than perfect, but still pretty good. You might look
at
<http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/sdk/index_doc.html#js>
- in InDesign I could easily map the methods and attributes from the JS
documentation to COM calls (the JS members start with lowercase - e.g.
'properties' -, while COM need uppercase - 'Properties').

Andy W

What i want to do is use, python COM to fireup Adobe and print the pdf
file to a printer.

import win32com.client
import pythoncom

pythoncom.CoInitializeEx(pythoncom.COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED)
acro = win32com.client.DispatchEx('PDF.PdfCtrl.1')

The above does not work, Do i need to install the SDK as well ?

I'm new to this COM stuff as you can guess.