    space using acrobat, the data then displays over multi lines.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

    Many thanks ,

    Justin, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Justin

    Jim Keenan Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    news:br2ms4$86i$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > First off, I must apologise for cross posting.

    Then why cross-post in the first place? One of the 3 groups to which you
    posted (comp.lang.perl) has been deprecated for years. Another
    (clp.modules) is appropriate if you have questions regarding use of a
    particular Perl module. CGI questions are best handled on newsgroups
    devoted to CGI.

    Have you read the Posting Guidelines for this list? Please do so before
    posting again. The guidelines will both tell you what to do *before*
    posting (and in the process teach you a lot about figuring out Perl problems
    yourself) and advise you on what constitutes a proper post (e.g., post
    should include the Perl code that's giving you problems).

    > I am having difficulty creating a pdf document using perl cgi to do
    > substitution for multiline pdf form fields. I created a pdf template/file
    > with substitution variables. The file is then read and variables

    substituted
    > using pattern matching. When I view the pdf multiline form field using
    > acrobat, the field seems to be truncated. Upon view the properties of the
    > multiline text field, I can see all the data in the field, but it still
    > doesn't view correctly. I then view the properties, and just change/add a
    > space using acrobat, the data then displays over multi lines.
    > Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

    If you "can see all the data in the field," I would infer that Perl is
    picking up the data it's supposed to. This seems to be more of a problem in
    Adobe Acrobat than in Perl.

    jimk

    Jim Keenan, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Justin