ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by wolverine1654@yahoo.com, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have an application that we are moving to a 2003 server using IIS6.
    Currently, it works fine with IIS5 on a NT server. When I try to log
    into the application and connect to an Oracle DB, I get the following
    error:
    ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'
    Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
    conflict with one another.

    Here is the code that is causing the error. The line where the error is
    occuring is 'objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient'
    Sub OpenDB

    strDBAction = "Open Database"

    Set objDBConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

    objDBConn.cursorlocation=adUseClient
    objDBConn.Open Application("DB_CONNECTION_STRING")

    If err.Number <> 0 OR objDBConn.Errors.Count <> 0 Then
    Call ErrHandler
    End If

    End Sub

    Any ideas anyone would have to help fix the problem would be greatly
    appreciated. Thank you very much.

    Mike

    , Oct 25, 2005

  2. Do you have adUseClient defined anywhere?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 25, 2005

  3. Bullschmidt Guest

    Bullschmidt, Oct 25, 2005