ADODB.connection safety settings error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Steven Baeten, May 7, 2004.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm running a webpage-application where, in a aspx-page,a udl is called in
    vbscript
    in an xsl-stylesheet to access a database. When I want to execute this, I
    receive
    following error

    ADODB.Connection Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data
    source on
    another domain.

    There is nothing wrong with the udl cause "test connection" succeeded.
    Also the vbscript-code I use to call the udl works.

    I've tried to use Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication for
    the connection
    and it doesn't work.

    I've also put <identity impersonate="true"> in my web.config to make sure
    that I was running
    the application and not the ASP.NET client

    Could anyone please help me?

    Thanks in advance

    Steven Baeten
    Steven Baeten, May 7, 2004