ADODB.connection safety settings error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steven Baeten, May 7, 2004.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm running a webpage-application where, in a aspx-page,a udl is called in
    vbscript
    in an xsl-stylesheet to access a database. When I want to execute this, I
    receive
    following error

    ADODB.Connection Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data
    source on
    another domain.

    There is nothing wrong with the udl cause "test connection" succeeded.
    Also the vbscript-code I use to call the udl works.

    I've tried to use Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication for
    the connection
    and it doesn't work.

    I've also put <identity impersonate="true"> in my web.config to make sure
    that I was running
    the application and not the ASP.NET client

    Could anyone please help me?

    Thanks in advance

    Steven Baeten
    Steven Baeten, May 7, 2004

  2. Steven Baeten

    Mary Chipman Guest

    Instead of using a UDL, you can place your connection string in the
    Web.config file using the
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings property. The
    web.config section looks like this:

    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="connection string here" />
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

    The code looks like this:

    Dim str as String = _
    ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")

    --Mary

    Mary Chipman, May 9, 2004