ADODB connection, SQL Literal String, Neon driver, DB2

Steve

The code:
SQLUPDATE="UPDATE BRDICT.TAUDIT "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "SET "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "LOG_INIT_UPD = " & "'" & qsLOG_INIT_UPD & "', "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "LOG_UID = " & "'" & qsLOG_UID & "', "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "PURPOSE = " & "'" & qsPURPOSE & "', "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "CHG_DTL = " & "'" & qsCHG_DTL & "', "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & "SW_SYSTEM = " & "'" & qsSW_SYSTEM & "' "
SQLUPDATE=SQLUPDATE & " Where REC_NUM = " & qsRECNUM
conn.Execute(SQLUPDATE)
generates:

[NEON][SCOD32.DLL][DB2]DSNT408I SQLCODE = -102, ERROR: LITERAL STRING IS TOO LONG. STRING BEGINS xxxxxxx

/dss/ProdChangeLog/update_Taudit.asp, line 50

the string beginning displayed is actually the first characters in qsPURPOSE of line 5 above.

The line reference for the problem is line 9

The form fields that source qsPURPOSE and qsCHG_DTL are both 1kb varchars in DB2 table. The form fiield textareas are limited at 1000 chars.

I am stumped. I know this is a total newbie problem and I hang my head in shame.

Can anyone make heads or tails of this

From http://developmentnow.com/g/62_2004_8_22_0_0/inetserver-asp-general.ht

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com