    Safety Settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another computer

    I'm running windows server 2003. I have the site security set to "Local Intranet"
    Any Suggestions?

    Howard, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Howard wrote:
    > When trying to load a file using ADODB.Stream, LoadFromFile method I
    > get the following error:
    >
    > Safety Settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on
    > another computer
    >
    > I'm running windows server 2003. I have the site security set to
    > "Local Intranet"
    > Any Suggestions?

    The latest IE security update from MS disabled the use of the ADODB.Stream
    object. See here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...48-c538-46f6-b7c8-2fbfd0d237e3&displaylang=en

    I have no workarounds. In fact, I'm scrambling to see if this effects any of
    my apps.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET