adodbapi, exception/error handling question

Hopefully posted on the correct newsgroup. The adodbapi group seems so quit....

I want to distinguish between
1) an error in the sql statement to create a table, and
2) when the sql is correct but the table exists in the database (and thus the create sql failed.) Is there an error that I can catch and figure out which of the above 2 scenarios occurred.

Thanks
Vincent