AdomdConnectionException

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Cindy Lee, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. Cindy Lee

    Cindy Lee Guest

    I get the error "No connection could be made because the target machine
    actively refused it " when trying to connect with AdomdConnection (the
    same code works on other servers). I'm just trying to connect on the local
    host.

    I'm running windows server 2003 service pack 1. I think I might need to
    download something on this server to make ADO work. I can connect with my
    perl code which uses soap to call the the cubes. I'm using .NET 2.0 for my
    C# code.

    I also get this error using the MDX sample application on a remote machine.
    But the MDX sample app works on the same machine.

    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException: A
    connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. --->
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the
    target machine actively refused it at
    System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClientByAddress(Stri
    ng hostName, Int32 port) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInf
    o connectionInfo) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInf
    o connectionInfo) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(Connecti
    onInfo connectionInfo) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo
    connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Mi
    crosoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.C
    onnectXmla() at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean
    createSession, Boolean isHTTP) at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open() at
    MdxToXML.GetBasicInfo(String zone_id, String partner_id, String ct_id)

    Cindy Lee, Apr 9, 2007