adovbs?

Guest

I'm setting up a "backup" server with another hosting company (just to make sure my website is up 24/7)
On the new hosting server however I'm getting this error everytime the asp pages are run

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one anothe

The facts
1.The asp pages are the same as the ones running (just fine) on the original server
2.The original server: Linux the new server :window
3.The old server MySql 3.23 the new server MySql 4.01 (my sripts are perfect
4.Not ALL pages are producing this error (just 99% of them)

On researching this type of errors I came across "adovbs". This perhaps could explain why I'm not getting errors on "some" pages. Any ideas

Patrice

The "adovbs.inc" include file make available some ADO constants. Another
option is to reference the type library in the global asax file...

AFAIK if this file is not referenced (or perhaps a version that don't
include all used constants), it will raise this message as the value is not
correct.
Using "Option Explicit" to force variable declaration would raise rather a
"varaible undefined" message.

You may want to try an ASP group instead...

Patrice

bill said:
I'm setting up a "backup" server with another hosting company (just to
make sure my website is up 24/7).
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another

The facts:
1.The asp pages are the same as the ones running (just fine) on the original server!
2.The original server: Linux the new server :windows