ads by google

Ray5531

Sorry if this is irrelevant to this website,but I didn't find a better place
to ask this question.I sent an email to google as well which I didn't
recieve the answer.I'm creating a website and apparently the host hasn't
registered me in googles search engine(I donnu why?) .I was rerading that if
I add a Addsense program of google my webpage could be searchable and I earn
money ,Is that right?

Thanks

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

Your web host doesn't need to register anything for you.
If you have links to your site (ie, check most newsgroup posts
and you'll see people included links - like I do - to their own sites),
eventually google bots will find you and index on your content.

are you sure google hasn't indexed it already?

Put the following in google and see what it returns:

site:www.mydomainname.com

It should return a listing of all links found by the bot.

Ray5531

Thanks for your nice reply.

No it dosen't find anything,maybe because my website is empty now and I
haven't completed its page yet.
That's beautiful,,do you think that Adsense would be also helpful to index
my website contents sooner??

Thanks again

Kevin Spencer

That's beautiful,,do you think that Adsense would be also helpful to index
my website contents sooner??

According to Google, there is no connection between Adsense and Google's
indexing of your site. Therefore, the answer to this is "no."

Also, unless your site gets a lot of traffic, and a lot of people click on
the ads you put there, it will make you no money. How often do YOU click on
an ad in a web page? I do about once a year, if that. What this program does
is to make money for Google, and a very few very large, high-traffic web
sites.

There ARE ways to make money from a web site. A web site's biggest advantage
is that it is an advertisement for whatever you put in it. So, for example,
if you offer a service, you are advertising your service through your web
site. If you sell products, your web site can have a shopping cart program
that enables people to easily buy the products you sell.

Of course, all the ways you can make money with a web site are dependent
upon traffic. And indexing with Google, as well as the many smaller Search
Engines out there, as Robbe said, is pretty much automatic. Ranking depends
upon how many links your web site is connected to, how many sites link TO
your web site, and the amount of usage your web site receives. You can also
PAY Google to rank your site higher, or buy advertising from Google, which
DOES get a lot of traffic..

In other words, there are no shortcuts to making money with a web site,
despite what you may have heard on TV or read in a SPAM email. If you want
to draw traffic to your web site, your best bet is to put plenty of
information on it that people are looking for, keep the information fresh,
and work very hard for a long time.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Guest

If you want your site searchable thru google and other search engines I
believe you need to include the following meta tags in your ASPX/HTML pages:

And you also need to register your site with all the search engines, unless
you pay for massive submissions...

Ray5531

Thanks Kevin,it was such a good answer.
Kevin Spencer said:
[...]

We do quite well with google advertising thank you...

I make a good living as a programmer you're welcome....

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Alan Silver

If you want your site searchable thru google and other search engines I
believe you need to include the following meta tags in your ASPX/HTML pages:

FWIW, you don't *need* to include any of these. Some are useful, some
not, but none are required to be indexed.

The first two are the only really worthwhile ones. Most SEs use these,
but compare them to the text on your page, so don't just stuff them with
irrelevant keywords.

The next is used to tell SEs which pages on your site they should *not*
visit. If you want the whole of your site to be indexed, don't use the
this tag. Also many SEs ignore this tag anyway.

The rest of these are largely useless. They are very unlikely to be used
by the SEs.

And you also need to register your site with all the search engines, unless
you pay for massive submissions...

You don't need to register. If there are links to your site, the SEs
will find it. There are claims that Google gives a higher rating to
sites it finds on its own, rather than ones submitted. As with all
Google-lore, this is unsubstantiated, so take it with a heavy pinch of
salt.

HTH