ADSI caching in ASP

Ryan Ritten

I was wondering if anyone knew how (or if it's even possible) to cache
the results of an ADSI call in asp for a longer period of time.

Basically what I am doing is I have a website that loads the 'full
name' of the user that logs into it. Once the user full nam ehas been
retreived (using adsi) the user can reload the page and it appears to
just check a cached version of the request (since the page loads very
fast). If however the user waits a bit longer (maybe 5 min) and
reloads the page it will take upto 4 secs to load the page (since the
adsi call is being resubmitted).

Is there anyway to increase the length of time that adsi info is
cached?

Thanx!

Ryan R

Ray at

How about just putting it in a session variable instead of relying on the AD
cache's speed?

How big is your AD that it takes that long to retreive the data? I mean, 4
seconds isn't 4 years or anything, but when I call data from the AD, it
doesn't add any noticeable time. But, the AD I work with contains about
3000 objects in 50 OUs.

Ray at home