    But there is an error message (LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The
    specified module could not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible to
    install 'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

    Juerg, Aug 24, 2006

  2. Juerg wrote:
    > Hi there
    >
    > I have an ASP application running on Windows 2003 Server. This
    > application need 'ADsSecurity.dll' registred to run. Now I would move
    > this to a new server, which is a W2k3 64-Bit server. Now I have tried
    > to register the dll. But there is an error message
    > (LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The specified module could
    > not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible to install
    > 'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

    If you don't get an answer here, you may wish to post this question to a
    server-related newsgroup.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 24, 2006

  3. "Juerg" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > I have an ASP application running on Windows 2003 Server. This
    > application
    > need 'ADsSecurity.dll' registred to run. Now I would move this to a new
    > server, which is a W2k3 64-Bit server. Now I have tried to register the
    > dll.
    > But there is an error message (LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The
    > specified module could not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible
    > install 'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

    adssecurity.dll is a free add-on, made in a time that SecurityDescriptor did
    not exist!
    So just use
    CreateObject("SecurityDescriptor")

    and not
    CreateObject("'ADsSecurity")

    There's also an improved compatible securitydescriptor object.

    http://www.adccure.nl/freeADUtilties.aspx

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Aug 24, 2006