ADsSecurity

Juerg

Hi there

I have an ASP application running on Windows 2003 Server. This application
need 'ADsSecurity.dll' registred to run. Now I would move this to a new
server, which is a W2k3 64-Bit server. Now I have tried to register the dll.
But there is an error message (LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The
specified module could not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible to
install 'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Juerg said:
Hi there

I have an ASP application running on Windows 2003 Server. This
application need 'ADsSecurity.dll' registred to run. Now I would move
this to a new server, which is a W2k3 64-Bit server. Now I have tried
to register the dll. But there is an error message
(LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The specified module could
not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible to install
'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

If you don't get an answer here, you may wish to post this question to a
server-related newsgroup.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Juerg said:
Hi there

I have an ASP application running on Windows 2003 Server. This
application
need 'ADsSecurity.dll' registred to run. Now I would move this to a new
server, which is a W2k3 64-Bit server. Now I have tried to register the
dll.
But there is an error message (LoadLibrary("ADsSecurity.dll") failed - The
specified module could not be found.). Wehre is my problem? Is it possible
install 'ADsSecurity.dll' on a 64 bit system?

adssecurity.dll is a free add-on, made in a time that SecurityDescriptor did
not exist!
So just use
CreateObject("SecurityDescriptor")

and not
CreateObject("'ADsSecurity")

There's also an improved compatible securitydescriptor object.

http://www.adccure.nl/freeADUtilties.aspx