[ADV] B1.13 of AWDwR is now available

Dave Thomas

Folks:

I've uploaded the B1.13 version of AWDwR.

I've updated the Action View chapter: it now uses form_for for model-
based forms,
which will help with the eventual transition to Simply Helpful in
Rails 2. I also
show custom form builders.

I've also fixed all reported errata in the new content: I'll be
working on Action Mailer
soon, so haven't bothered to work on errata fro the old edition yet.

I need to stress that the book is written on the assumption that the
reader has
Rails 1.2 installed. As that doesn't yet exist, you HAVE TO HAVE EDGE
RAILS
for some of this stuff to work. Some folks like the following
description
of working with Edge:

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2006/07/11/installing-and-managing-
edge-rails/

As usual, the update is available for free from

http://books.pragprog.com/titles/rails2/reorder

Enter just two of the three pieces of information to identify your PDF.
I recommend using your order number and your email address, as these
tend
to be be the most consistent.

A note on errata: please do keep them coming in. However, as I'll be
rewriting the chapters from the first edition (the ones with the gray
headers and footers) you might not want to stress too much about things
you find in these. Also, errata about bad page breaks and missing cross
references will be silently but brutally deleted, simply because that
kind of stuff is not really important until we come to finish the book.
Similarly, the entire index will be reworked when the book is finished,
so reporting missing index entries probably won't help much...

Thanks for your support for this project. Keep the comments
coming in.

Cheers

Dave Thomas