[ADV] Beta book: Enterprise Integration with Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dave Thomas, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. Dave Thomas

    Dave Thomas Guest

    Folks:

    Forgive the commercial, but I suspect this will be of interest...

    Maik Schmidt has been working behind the scenes to produce
    "Enterprise Integration with Ruby," a book that looks at the ways
    Ruby can be used to create new enterprise functionality by gluing
    together existing enterprise resources. He looks at databases (both
    relational and LDAP), Xml processing, low-ceremony networking
    (sockets and HTTP), high-ceremony networking (SOAP, RPC, etc), and
    tools.

    It's a great book (I know I learned a bunch from it), so we decided
    to release it early as a beta book: buy it and get the PDFs as Maik
    works on it. If you opt for the paper book, it'll ship as soon as
    it's ready. As with all our PDFs, updates are free for the lifetime
    of the edition.

    There are more details at http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_eir

    Enjoy!

    Dave