ADV: Book: The Bible Explained

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Whispering Voice, Nov 10, 2012.

  1. ADV: Book: The Bible Explained

    Recently published book available for sale.
    Details follow:

    -----<front cover text>

    THE BIBLE EXPLAINED

    A Guide to the Holy Bible
    for Parents and Teenagers

    -----<back cover text>

    Where did you come from?
    What is your purpose?
    What happens when you die?

    These questions--and more--are answered in 'The
    Bible Explained', which is based on the teachings
    of the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible is a collection
    of ancient books which claim to be the word of the
    one and only God. This one and only God claims to
    be the sole creator, owner, and sustainer of all
    things; he further claims to hold the one and only
    key to eternal life. Are these claims true? Get
    the facts and then decide for yourself.

    This document is meant to be understood by everyone,
    and is therefore written in plain, simple language,
    avoiding complex religious jargon.

    Understand the Bible like never before.

    -----<table of contents>

    Introduction
    Quest for Truth
    The Holy Bible
    Origin and Destiny
    The Big Picture: Good and Evil
    The Story of Man
    The Purpose of the Earth
    The Standard and the Test
    Work: The Key to Success and Life
    Pyramid Society
    Failure of Man
    Male and Female
    Family Relationships
    Marriage and Family
    Sexual Immorality
    The Value of Life
    Multiplication and Overpopulation
    Racism
    Creation and Evolution
    Government
    Politics
    Justice
    Words, Speech, and Censorship
    Church Matters
    Monotheism, Jews, and Christians
    Temptation
    The Nature of Evil
    Life and Death of Satan
    Reincarnation
    The Rapture
    The End Times
    The Near Future
    Preparing for the Future
    Groups and Labels
    Understanding Judgement
    Preparing for Death
    Conclusion
    Appendix A: Questions and Answers
    Appendix B: The Ten Commandments
    Appendix C: Marriage

    -----<availability>

    The above book is available for purchase at:

    http://www.amazon.com

    Search for:
    TITLE: "The Bible Explained"
    AUTHOR: "Arrant Knave"
    ISBN-10: "1468197061"
    ISBN-13: "9781468197068"

    Or try this direct link:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Explained-Parents-Teenagers/dp/1468197061

    -----<excerpt from book>

    Introduction

    This document aims to communicate a message -- a
    message based on truth. Before we begin, we must
    ask some fundamental questions: Does truth exist?
    If so, what is it? What is it made of? What is its
    source? What is its purpose? Truth is defined as
    'that which is in accordance with reality', which
    raises other questions: Does reality exist? If so,
    how do we know? What is it made of? Consider the
    following exchange between two fictional
    characters:

    TEACHER: Does the universe exist?
    STUDENT: Yes.
    TEACHER: How do you know?
    STUDENT: I can observe it.
    TEACHER: With what?
    STUDENT: My senses.
    TEACHER: Are your senses the ultimate arbiter of
    truth?
    STUDENT: No. Senses can be deceived.
    TEACHER: How did you get your senses?
    STUDENT: I'm not sure.
    TEACHER: Are your senses products of intelligence
    or chance?
    STUDENT: I don't know.
    TEACHER: If your senses were products of chance,
    would you trust them?
    STUDENT: No.
    TEACHER: What do you trust?
    STUDENT: Intriguing. I'm always willing to learn
    from my elders. Suppose we turn the tables: Does
    the universe exist?
    TEACHER: Yes.
    STUDENT: How do you know?
    TEACHER: The creator of it said so: "In the
    beginning God created heaven and earth."
    STUDENT: Do you trust this creator?
    TEACHER: Yes.
    STUDENT: Why?
    TEACHER: Because he cannot lie.
    STUDENT: How do you know?
    TEACHER: He said so.
    STUDENT: Your view of the universe is based on
    assumptions.
    TEACHER: Yes. What is yours based on?
    STUDENT: Fact.
    TEACHER: Where do you get these facts?
    STUDENT: Science.
    TEACHER: Scientists use their senses to make
    observations, yet you said senses are unreliable.
    Science does require observation, does it not?
    STUDENT: Yes.
    TEACHER: Who observed the creation of the universe?
    STUDENT: Science deals with the present, not the
    past.
    TEACHER: Scientific knowledge changes: Something
    may be considered true one day and proven false the
    next.
    STUDENT: Theories change as new discoveries are
    made.
    TEACHER: What if you die before science stumbles
    upon the truth? Our predecessors died without the
    benefit of modern science, yet each one chose a
    foundation and destiny. Ultimately, we must each
    choose between the solid rock of God's word and the
    shifting sand of human wisdom.
    STUDENT: I guess I'm not ready yet. I'll just keep
    an open mind.

    Open Mind: You cannot learn anything new if you
    already know all things -- or believe you know all
    things. If you are to learn something new, you must
    not already be omniscient and you must also possess
    an open mind and a willingness to question your
    current notion of truth.

    The Existence of Truth: Does truth exist? If the
    universe exists, then truth must also exist, since
    truth is the only absolute -- and nothing can exist
    without an absolute foundation. Truth is the only
    thing which has always been, will always be, and
    never changes. Without truth, there is no absolute;
    without the absolute, there is no foundation;
    without a foundation, nothing can exist. Therefore,
    if the universe exists, truth -- the foundation of
    all things -- must also exist.

    Foundational Assumptions: If we assume the
    existence of the universe, then we must also assume
    the existence of truth, since truth is the only
    absolute -- and nothing can exist apart from an
    absolute foundation. If we assume the existence of
    truth, then we must identify the source of truth.
    This document is based on the assumption that the
    universe exists and that truth exists and that the
    Holy Bible is true and that the allege author (God)
    of the Bible is the source of truth.

    The Holy Bible: This document is based on the
    teachings of the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible is a
    collection of ancient books which claim to be the
    word of the one and only immortal being, who is
    commonly referred to as 'God'. This one and only
    God claims to be the sole creator, owner, and
    sustainer of all things; he further claims to hold
    the one and only key to life eternal. Are these
    claims true? Get the facts and then decide for
    yourself.

    The Message: The message of God is simple: 'I set
    before you eternal life and eternal death. Choose
    life that you may live. Life comes through the
    keeping of the Ten Commandments. He who keeps the
    Ten Commandments shall inherit life eternal; he who
    refuses to keep the Ten Commandments earns death
    eternal: for the wages of sin is death; and sin is
    the transgression of the commandments.'

    Target Audience

    The purpose of this document is to introduce the
    reader to the LORD God of the Bible, his nature and
    plan for mankind, and to clarify certain
    misconceptions about him and his word.

    Target Audience: This document is aimed at parents
    and teenagers who have unanswered questions about
    the God of the Bible. Please answer this question:
    'Does God exist?' If you answered 'yes' or 'no',
    you are far wiser than I -- and there is no need
    for you to read any further. If, however, your
    answer is 'I don't know', keep reading; and, at the
    end of this document, your answer should still be
    'I don't know.' So, what's the point of reading
    this document? No point: it's simply here to help
    you pass some time and possibly expand your mind.

    Why Parents: I am writing to parents because too
    many parents are unaware of their responsibilities
    towards their children. As the present is built
    upon the past, even so is the current generation
    built upon the previous. Every father has a God-
    given obligation to provide sustenance, knowledge,
    and guidance to his children -- from generation to
    generation. However, there comes a time when this
    link is broken, and, though it takes only one
    generation to break the link, it may require
    several generations to re-establish it. A lack of
    parental guidance has produced a generation of
    confused children -- children who are forced to
    turn to other sources for guidance.

    Why Teenagers: I am writing to teenagers because
    the teen years tend to be the most unstable period
    in a person's life; and it is the time in which we
    are most likely to make errors which can affect the
    remainder of our life. Thus, one of the aims of
    this document is to provide spiritual guidance to
    teenagers; to aid them in the various decisions
    which they will inevitably face; and to demonstrate
    to them that every action bears consequences.

    Awareness and Responsibility: With awareness comes
    responsibility; when a person becomes aware, he
    becomes responsible. Therefore, if you are ignorant
    of the word of God and comfortable with your
    current lifestyle, please do not read this
    document. The vast majority of humans desire
    nothing beyond the grave, as is evident by their
    self-centred lifestyle; there are some, however,
    who desire (spiritual) life after death. The former
    should refrain from reading this document; the
    latter, however, are encouraged to continue
    reading.

    Spiritual and Carnal: There are two types of human
    mindsets: spiritually minded and carnally minded.
    The spiritual-minded comprehend all things, both
    spiritual and physical; the carnal-minded
    comprehend only the physical. Since this document
    deals mostly with spiritual matters, it will serve
    only to frustrate the carnal minded: "But the
    natural man does not receive the things of the
    Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor
    can he know them, because they are spiritually
    discerned." [1 Corinthians 2:14]

    -----<availability>

    The above book is available for purchase at:

    http://www.amazon.com

    Search for:
    TITLE: "The Bible Explained"
    AUTHOR: "Arrant Knave"
    ISBN-10: "1468197061"
    ISBN-13: "9781468197068"

    Or try this direct link:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Explained-Parents-Teenagers/dp/1468197061

    -----<copyright notice>

    The above excerpt from 'The Bible Explained' is copyright
    2010 by Arrant Knave. All rights reserved. No part of this
    document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system
    or transmitted in any form or by any means without the
    prior written permission of the publisher, except by a
    reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review to be
    printed in a newspaper, magazine, or journal.

    All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are
    taken from the New King James Version (R). Copyright (C)
    1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights
    reserved.

    -----<end of book promotion>
    Whispering Voice, Nov 10, 2012

  2. Whispering Voice