[ADV] Updated PDF of Advanced Rails Recipes

Mike Clark

Hi Folks,

We've just uploaded a new revision of the Advanced Rails Recipes PDF:

http://pragprog.com/titles/fr_arr

To get your updated PDF, simply sign in to your account (http://pragprog.com/my_account
) and ask the system to regenerate it.

The contributors and I have burned the midnight oil since the first
beta to pack as many new recipes as possible in for your New Year
reading pleasure. This revision adds 25 timely recipes from some of
the top developers in the community, for a total of 67 practical ways
to make tasty Rails dishes on your first try! (I've listed the new
recipes and contributors below.)

We'll continue to refine these recipes and add new ones for the next
beta revision. Thanks to all the contributors for their great work!

Cheers,

Mike

---

New recipes include:

- Analyzing SQL Queries
- Caching Up With the Big Guys
- Creating a Wizard
- Creating Meaningful Relationships Through Proxies
- Decouple Your JavaScript with Low Pro
- Dynamically Updating Cached Pages
- Freshening Up Your Models With Scope
- Generating Custom Error Pages
- Geocoding to Find Things By Location
- Giving Users Their Own Subdomain
- Handling Multiple Models In One Form
- Keeping E-mail Addresses Up To Date
- Keeping Forms Dry and Flexible
- Monitoring (and Repairing) Processes with Monit
- Off-Loading Long-Running Tasks to BackgrounDRb
- Preserving Files Between Deployments
- Processing an Asynchronous Workflow
- Receiving E-mail Reliably via POP or IMAP
- Responding To Remote Capistrano Prompts
- Taking Advantage of Master/Slave Databases
- Testing HTML Validity
- Tracking Test Coverage with RCov
- Updating Partial Resources with AJAX
- Uploading Images and Creating Thumbnails
- Validating Required Form Fields Inline

Current recipe contributors include: Aaron Batalion, Adam Keys, Andre
Lewis, Andrew Kappen, Benjamin Curtis, Chris Bernard, Chris Haupt,
Chris Wanstrath, Dan Benjamin, Dan Manges, David Chelimsky, Erik
Hatcher, Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Geoffrey Grosenbach, Giles Bowkett, Greg
Hansen, Gregg Pollack, Hemant Kumar, Hugh Bien, Jamie Orchard-Hays,
Jared Haworth, Jarkko Laine, Jay Fields, Jonathan Dahl, Kevin Clark,
Luke Francl, Marty Haught, Matthew Bass, Michael Slater, Mike
Hagedorn, Mike Mangino, Mike Naberezny, Mike Subelsky, PJ Hyett,
Patrick Reagan, Peter Marklund, Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, Ryan Bates,
and Sean Mountcastle.

Gerald Bauer

Hello Mike,
We've just uploaded a new revision of the Advanced Rails Recipes PDF:

Thanks for the update.
We'll continue to refine these recipes and add new ones for the next
beta revision.

May I highlight the "20-Minute Quick Start Guide for RFacebook -
Create a Facebook App Using Rails in 10 Easy Steps" that I've recently
published on the new rfacebook questions and answers blog as a
possible candidate for inclusion online @
http://rfacebook.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/quickstart

Or as a mini "snack" recipe the FAQ entry titled "How can I create
a Friends Badge using the Facebook API?" online @
http://rfacebook.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/badge

Cheers.