Advanced ASP.NET book?

John Robert

Hi!

Anyone has recommendations for advanced ASP.NET books? By
advanced, I mean complicated stuff... not just
authentification and datagrid binding

I'm mainly interrested in learning more about letting my
customers customize a web forms (from a database... on the
fly control creation and persisting data), and other
advanced topics.

Thanks!

Anon-E-Moose

I'm mainly interrested in learning more about letting my
customers customize a web forms (from a database... on the
fly control creation and persisting data), and other
advanced topics.

These are pretty basic topics...

You can find a lot this info on 4guysfromrolla.com

I couldn't find anything advanced enough on 4GFR that
covers what I'm trying to achieve.

Adding controls at runtime is pretty easy, but binding them
and persisting their data is another story...

John Robert

Where can I find advanced books on your site? I only found
books with basic information like "What is code-behind".

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

One good book is ASP.NET framework Dino Esposito. It tackles the advanced
stuff. Then the ASP.NET unleashed is always a sure bet by Scott walters.
These are the two I use on a regular basis.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

William F. Robertson, Jr.

This book covers ViewState, HttpHandlers, how to handle client side script
(not scripting itself), ControlBuilders.

Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Server Controls and Components

This is a good book for learning how and why to program things. It covers
reference/value types, MSIL (some), just how stuff works. It is not
specific to asp.net, but you learn alot about interfaces, event models,
boxing/unboxing, etc. It may sound like a beginner book, but believe me, it
really isn't.

Applied Microsoft >NET Framework Programming

This one came recommended, but I am only 1/3 throught it. It is only for
2.0, but apparently you can customize all aspects of the CLR from loading
and unloading AppDomains, the new AppDomainHandler (I think it is called
that, or perhaps AppDomainManager). It does not directly cover asp.net, but
an asp.net application is running in a AppDomain, inside an Application Pool
(Server 2003).

Customizing the Microsoft .NET Framework Common Language Runtime