    fly control creation and persisting data), and other
    advanced topics.

    Thanks!
    John Robert, Mar 30, 2005

  2. John Robert

    Anon-E-Moose Guest

    "John Robert" <> wrote in news:0ad101c53528$c0182920
    $:

    > I'm mainly interrested in learning more about letting my
    > customers customize a web forms (from a database... on the
    > fly control creation and persisting data), and other
    > advanced topics.

    These are pretty basic topics...

    You can find a lot this info on 4guysfromrolla.com
    Anon-E-Moose, Mar 30, 2005

  3. John Robert

    Prodip Saha Guest

    You may look at this link- http://www.aspnet4you.com/Books.aspx

    Prodip
    www.aspnet4you.com

    Prodip Saha, Mar 30, 2005
  4. John Robert

    j Guest

    I couldn't find anything advanced enough on 4GFR that
    covers what I'm trying to achieve.

    Adding controls at runtime is pretty easy, but binding them
    and persisting their data is another story...

    j, Mar 30, 2005
  5. John Robert

    John Robert Guest

    Where can I find advanced books on your site? I only found
    books with basic information like "What is code-behind".

    John Robert, Mar 30, 2005
  6. One good book is ASP.NET framework Dino Esposito. It tackles the advanced
    stuff. Then the ASP.NET unleashed is always a sure bet by Scott walters.
    These are the two I use on a regular basis.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Mar 30, 2005
  7. This book covers ViewState, HttpHandlers, how to handle client side script
    (not scripting itself), ControlBuilders.

    Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Server Controls and Components

    This is a good book for learning how and why to program things. It covers
    reference/value types, MSIL (some), just how stuff works. It is not
    specific to asp.net, but you learn alot about interfaces, event models,
    boxing/unboxing, etc. It may sound like a beginner book, but believe me, it
    really isn't.

    Applied Microsoft >NET Framework Programming

    This one came recommended, but I am only 1/3 throught it. It is only for
    2.0, but apparently you can customize all aspects of the CLR from loading
    and unloading AppDomains, the new AppDomainHandler (I think it is called
    that, or perhaps AppDomainManager). It does not directly cover asp.net, but
    an asp.net application is running in a AppDomain, inside an Application Pool
    (Server 2003).

    Customizing the Microsoft .NET Framework Common Language Runtime

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Mar 30, 2005
  8. John Robert

    Prodip Saha Guest

    John,
    Did you check the Table of Contents of this book? Programming Data Driven
    Web Applications with ASP.NET (at
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672321068/102-6328176-1813736)
    By Donny Mack, Doug Seven

    Thanks,