Advanced: How to create the regular asp.net web application on Windows Server 2003?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by whidbeywave, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. whidbeywave

    whidbeywave Guest

    Hello All,

    I have been bounced on a new issue this time. My problem is, I have a
    configured SharePoint Team Services 2.0 installed as default website,
    which prevents the creation of any new ASP.net projects or even working
    of existing ASP.net website.

    So, I am thinking to create a new virtual web server, where I can
    launch the creation of asp.net application the regular way through
    Visual studio.net 2003, If this works, I would like to know how to
    create new virtual server in IIS , which is running on windows server
    2003, and it could be access by IIS?

    This all may be confusing, so feel free to ask more questions, to give
    me good quality of feedback.
    Thanks
    Wave.

    whidbeywave, Apr 16, 2005

  2. whidbeywave

    Scott Allen Guest

    You can configure a second web site in IIS 6 under Win 2003. All you
    need to do is differentiate the website by host header, port, or IP
    address (host headers and IP address work the best).

    Some documentation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...IIS/883a9544-3f70-4d46-a6df-bbadbd1fe7de.mspx

    HTH,

    --s

    Scott Allen, Apr 17, 2005

  3. whidbeywave

    Mike Walsh Guest

    sharepoint.teamservices is actually the newsgroup for the 2001 back product
    SharePoint Team Services.

    If in future you want to post Windows SharePoint Services questions (there
    is no "SharePoint Team Services 2.0" product so WSS is presumably what you
    mean) then please post them only to

    microsoft.public.sharepoint.windowsservices

    I suspect you got the answer you got from a reader of the .framework.aspnet
    newsgroup as sharepoint.teamservices like the product is virtually dead.

    Mike Walsh, Helsinki, Finland
    STS FAQ at http://www.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ
    WSS FAQ at http://wss.collutions.com
    Please post questions to the newsgroup only.

    Mike Walsh, Apr 17, 2005