Advanced Installer .app on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Greg

I am attempting to deploy an installation of a Java program that I made an install with Advanced Installer. The deploy is a zip for the Mac and inside the zip there are .app files. When I launch the .app files they do nothing or at least seemingly nothing. The application should launch a full blown GUI as it does on the PC with a PC install. What can I do to fix this? A little reading on the internet yields that this might be a problem with little to no support for java 7 for OS X Mountain lion on advanced installer. However, it seems near impossible to get a java 6 install for Mountain Lion. Please help. Thank you.