"Advanced" Python programming book?

flow

I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Marco Salden

I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

I like to add this one, which is nice to read just after reading the
"starters", covers all kinds of topics, and written by someone who
knows Python (I think at least).
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009250/

HTH,
Marco

webtourist

I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Can you tell us what book it is ?

If this is just your first and only book so far,
IMO, I think you can look at another one or two
I recently re-discovered Steven Lott's excellent free book "Building
Skills in Python" (http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/
python.html#book-python)
and then there is the popular "Think Python" by Allen Downey

Aldo Ceccarelli

Can you tell us what book it is ?

If this is just your first and only book so far,
IMO, I think you can look at another one or two
I recently re-discovered Steven Lott's excellent free book "Building
Skills in Python" (http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/
python.html#book-python)
and then there is the popular "Think Python" by Allen Downey

Hello All,
I'd like to share my reference url for Python pro books here at
Computer Manuuals section:
http://www.computermanuals.co.uk/scripts/search.asp?cat=B+BU+G+T+R&searchterms=python&sortby=date

a super pythonic 2010 to everyone!
Aldo