    aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.

    Any recommendations?

    Cheers.

    flow, Jan 10, 2010

  2. flow

    Marco Salden Guest

    On Jan 10, 2:35 pm, flow <> wrote:
    > I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
    > quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
    > aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Cheers.

    I like to add this one, which is nice to read just after reading the
    "starters", covers all kinds of topics, and written by someone who
    knows Python (I think at least).
    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009250/

    HTH,
    Marco

    Marco Salden, Jan 11, 2010

  3. flow

    flow Guest

    Cheers guys - I'll check the books out :)

    Thanks very much.

    flow, Jan 11, 2010
  4. flow

    webtourist Guest

    On Jan 10, 8:35 am, flow <> wrote:
    > I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
    > quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
    > aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Can you tell us what book it is ?

    If this is just your first and only book so far,
    IMO, I think you can look at another one or two
    I recently re-discovered Steven Lott's excellent free book "Building
    Skills in Python" (http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/
    python.html#book-python)
    and then there is the popular "Think Python" by Allen Downey

    webtourist, Jan 12, 2010
  5. On 11 Gen, 21:47, webtourist <> wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 8:35 am, flow <> wrote:
    >
    > > I've just finished reading a sort of beginner Python book, and I know
    > > quite a bit now but I'm looking for a book that can teach me advanced
    > > aspects of Python - code optimisation, threading, etc.

    > > Any recommendations?

    > > Cheers.

    > Can you tell us what book it is ?
    >
    > If this is just your first and only book so far,
    > IMO, I think you can look at another one or two
    > I recently re-discovered Steven Lott's excellent free book "Building
    > Skills in Python" (http://homepage.mac.com/s_lott/books/
    > python.html#book-python)
    > and then there is the popular "Think Python" by Allen Downey

    Hello All,
    I'd like to share my reference url for Python pro books here at
    Computer Manuuals section:
    http://www.computermanuals.co.uk/scripts/search.asp?cat=B BU G T R&searchterms=python&sortby=date

    a super pythonic 2010 to everyone!
    Aldo