    Thanks in adv

    bye
    , Mar 10, 2008

  2. On 2008-03-10 12:49, wrote:
    > Hi friends.
    >
    > I am developing online communication application which contains the
    > features like chat,audio,video, data transfer etc.
    >
    > I am actually in final year and developing a project. For that i want
    > some strong points which defends the c++ over other languages to
    > create this type of application (specially server).

    I think it would be wrong of you to first select a language and let that
    limit your choices, instead you should first look at what frameworks and
    already existing components there are. Then you use those to build your
    application and use whatever languages they support (perhaps you need to
    use more than one to interface between different parts).

    > So please if anyone have any strong point or any thing on this
    > application which can only be possible in c++ and not other language
    > or if possible than not suggested to use because of some reasons.

    There are few things that you can achieve in one language and not in
    another, they question is how much work it takes. C++ is a great
    language when you need to build robust applications with high
    performance, but it is also a complex language and if you do not know
    what you are doing you'll end up with a slow buggy application. By
    selecting a higher-level language (and/or a suitable framework) you can
    spend more time on building the useful parts of them application and
    less time building the foundation on which it will stand and you can get
    a lot of the complex parts for free.

    In short, search for already existing parts that can be used and base
    your choice of language on them. Unless, of course, if the goal of the
    project is to learn C++.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    Erik Wikström, Mar 10, 2008