    for Windows. Can somebody recommend a gui language that is easy to
    learn and popular? Thanks an advance.

    usaims
    usaims, Apr 29, 2005

  2. On 2005-04-29, usaims scribbled these
    curious markings:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I need some advice. I'm a enthuasitic entry level Perl guy and I want
    > to start incorporating my Perl scripts in a gui. I want learn a gui
    > language that is popular and easy to use. I've been reading about TK
    > and Visual Studio .Net. I will be primarily using ActiveState's Perl
    > for Windows. Can somebody recommend a gui language that is easy to
    > learn and popular? Thanks an advance.

    If I understand you correctly, you want to create software which both
    uses Perl and which has a bitmapped user interface (e.g. X11, that which
    you see on a Windows / Mac desktop). You can do this with Perl, using a
    variety of toolkits. I'd personally recommend Gtk2
    ( http://gtk2-perl.sf.net ) because of its portability. You can use it
    on Unix systems (including all of the popular ones) and Windows. Others
    will recommend other toolkits, I'm sure. The best way to find what works
    best for you is to try them.

    Best Regards,
    Christopher Nehren
    If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God".
    Christopher Nehren, Apr 29, 2005