    The forms only use standard winform controls that come with VS studio 2003.
    What kind of problems should I Expect? Any pitfalls?

    Thanks.
    Nate, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Hello,

    Thanks for posting in the group.

    Currently you want to migrate a windows forms VB.NET application to a
    ASP.NET VB.NET application, right?

    The programming model of Windows forms application and web form application
    is quite different. The execution sequence is different in web application.
    People only discuss the migration from asp application to asp.net
    application. For Winform application to Webform application, I think we may
    need to construct the design of application from the very beginning.

    In MSDN online libray, we can get a lot of resource on asp.net programming.
    I am glad to introduce some good references to you:

    1) Creating ASP.NET Web Applications
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconcreatingaspwebappl
    ications.asp?frame=true

    2) Windows Forms and Web Forms Recommendations
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskChoosingBetweenWinFo
    rmsWebForms.asp?frame=true

    3) Creating Web Applications and Services
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriCreatingWebDistribut
    edAppsVB.asp?frame=true

    4) Good articles in ASP.NET programming
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnanchor/html/anchoraspdotnet.asp?fr
    ame=true

    Hope that helps.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Community Support

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Feb 16, 2004

  3. Hi,

    Do you have any more questions on the materials that I posted? Please feel
    free to post in the community if there is any specific question when you
    migrate the project. We are glad to be of assistance. Thanks.

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Feb 18, 2004