Advice for PostgreSQL

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ben Finney, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Ben Finney

    Ben Finney Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:17:38 +1100, Steve wrote:
    > Can someone please point me out to some module/library for using
    > PostgreSQL from python? Perhaps a tutorial as wel? Thanks!

    Hmm. Typing "python" and "postgresql" into Google gives numerous
    results, most of the useful ones at the top.

    Typing "python" and "postgresql" along with "module" gets me a direct
    hit:

    <http://www.pygresql.org/>

    Did this method not work for you?

    --
    \ "Yesterday I told a chicken to cross the road. It said, 'What |
    `\ for?'" -- Steven Wright |
    Ben Finney, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Ben Finney

    Steve Guest

    Hi,

    Can someone please point me out to some module/library for using
    PostgreSQL from python? Perhaps a tutorial as wel? Thanks!

    Steve
    Steve, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone please point me out to some module/library for using
    > PostgreSQL from python?

    Either one of these will do fine:

    - http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/
    - http://initd.org/software/initd/psycopg

    Both contain documentation, but not tutorial-like, AFAIK.

    > Perhaps a tutorial as wel? Thanks!

    It uses soliddb as a module, but all these modules implement the Python DB-API
    2.0, so the major differences are the import statement and the call to .connect().

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Ben Finney

    Olaf Ferger Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:17:38 +1100, Steve <nospam@nopes> wrote:

    >Can someone please point me out to some module/library for using
    >PostgreSQL from python? Perhaps a tutorial as wel? Thanks!

    Try module 'psycopg' from www.initd.org !

    Regards,

    Olaf

    --