advice how to add input fields in a form without scroll down other fields.

mrsanna1

As an example I have a form with a layout like this:

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

div class 3 and 4 are positioned on the right of div 1 and div 2.
If I add an input fied on the right side of the form then input of the left side are scrolled down, how can I add an input in the right side without scrolling down the inputs on the left side?
Thank you.

se

As an example I have a form with a layout like this:

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

div class 3 and 4 are positioned on the right of div 1 and div 2.
If I add an input fied on the right side of the form then input of the
left side are scrolled down, how can I add an input in the right side
without scrolling down the inputs on the left side?
Thank you.

A quick and inexpensive reference for novices and intermediates
can be found here:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

On this site menu, look up this:
CSS Advanced >Floating

You'll come to this page.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_float.asp

Anytime you have a problem, it can be look up this way.

Read it thoroughly. You need to put in a class with a left float
in the outer <div>.
Read it all. Remember to clear the float in the following html
code. And that the container with must be wide anough to
allow the to divs laying horizontal side by side.
/se

Jonathan N. Little

As an example I have a form with a layout like this:

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

<input type="text">
<input type="text">

div class 3 and 4 are positioned on the right of div 1 and div 2.
If I add an input fied on the right side of the form then input of the left side are scrolled down, how can I add an input in the right side without scrolling down the inputs on the left side?
Thank you.

Well a link to the *actual page* that you are trying to design would
help because you do have give enough information to help you.

My guess is that you are floating the DIVs. If there is not enough width
then floats will stack, i.e. the not-fitting floats move below in the
flow. That is how floats are *supposed* to work. But this is only a
guess with the information that you provide.

se

se said:
A quick and inexpensive reference for novices and intermediates
can be found here:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

On this site menu, look up this:
CSS Advanced >Floating

You'll come to this page.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_float.asp

Anytime you have a problem, it can be look up this way.

Read it thoroughly. You need to put in a class with a left float
in the outer <div>.
Read it all. Remember to clear the float in the following html
code. And that the container (with) must be wide anough to
allow the (to) divs laying horizontal side by side.
/se
A couple of typos is corrected:
(with) and (to) in my text above should be (width) and (two).

mrsanna1

As an example I have a form with a layout like this:

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

<input type="text">

div class 3 and 4 are positioned on the right of div 1 and div 2.

If I add an input fied on the right side of the form then input of the left side are scrolled down, how can I add an input in the right side without scrolling down the inputs on the left side?

Thank you.

Here is an example:
http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview

As you see if I add the input with value=3 then the input with value=5 is scrolled down.
I want to add input with value=3 without scrolling down input value=5.

Jonathan N. Little

Here is an example:
http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview

As you see if I add the input with value=3 then the input with value=5 is scrolled down.
I want to add input with value=3 without scrolling down input value=5.

Not sour what you are doing but addition of input 3 does not change
position of input 5. Here I have added a border and padding to the DIVs
to show what is going on with screenshots.

Without input 3
<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/without3>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>without 3</title>
div { padding: 10px; border: 1px solid red; }
</head>
<form>
<input type="text" value="1">
<input type="text" value="2">
<input type="text" value="4">
<input type="text" value="5">
</form>

With input 3
<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/with3>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>with 3</title>
div { padding: 10px; border: 1px solid red; }
</head>
<form>
<input type="text" value="1">
<input type="text" value="2">
<input type="text" value="3">
<input type="text" value="4">
<input type="text" value="5">
</form>

mrsanna1

But mine is a layout with two columns.
So I put input value 3 under input value 2 and not on its right side.

Jonathan N. Little

But mine is a layout with two columns.
So I put input value 3 under input value 2 and not on its right side.

Not by the code you listed. The attached stylesheet "style.css" was blank

Jonathan N. Little

Hot-Text said:
For he have the style-sheet on the First level @
www.example.com/css/

and @ www.example.com/edit/
have not path in the code back to first Level style-sheet
rel="stylesheet" href="/css/apps/a-example.css" /

Need too:
rel="stylesheet" href="../css/apps/example_style.css" /
or
rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.example.com//css/apps/example_style.css" /

to be able to use his style-sheet class 1 2 3 4

that if he made a style-sheet class for it

First of all I can never make *any* sense out of your usenet haiku.
Seems you are in UTC−06:00 timezone which is mostly English Canada & USA
so are your not a native English-speaker? If your are a native
English-speaker, you would mind using more coherent complete sentences
in English? Lastly, your posts do not seem connected to the same threads
as I am seeing.

The OP originally posted a code fragment with no stylesheet reference at
all. After my request to see URL they then posted a link to a online
sandbox app Plunker:

<http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview>

And observing the code there the OP's stylesheet link is:

<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Which from in the sandbox style.css consists of:

/* Styles go here */

So what the hell are you referring to?

se

Jonathan N. Little said:
First of all I can never make *any* sense out of your usenet haiku. Seems
you are in UTC−06:00 timezone which is mostly English Canada & USA so are
your not a native English-speaker? If your are a native English-speaker,
you would mind using more coherent complete sentences in English? Lastly,
your posts do not seem connected to the same threads as I am seeing.

The OP originally posted a code fragment with no stylesheet reference at
all. After my request to see URL they then posted a link to a online
sandbox app Plunker:

<http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview>

And observing the code there the OP's stylesheet link is:

<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Which from in the sandbox style.css consists of:

/* Styles go here */

So what the hell are you referring to?

Hot-Text uses a top level domain of .cx in his mail address.
Could be his is a native of Christmas Island (or mere his server
placed there). If so, his is writing in his native language. And if so,
the forums participants included you and me, ought to accept as
is. Somtimes a little hard to handle, especially when posting
someting out of track. I feel obligated to ignore it without any
comments. I know the guy. He was a regular on microsoft win98
before MS shut down msnews. He was ignored. Only a few
plunkers there reacted negative.

By the way, I don't think the OP in this thread seeks anything else
than trying to harvest. Anyway, being on the link he posted, I was
presented for a pop-up form asking me to confirm. No option to
cancel was offered. I escaped by unloading IE via task manager.
Looking at the url page afterwards tells me of possibly more.
?p=preview and a top level domain of .co
/se

se

Christmas Island doesn't fit with his posting time.
I recall now. He's posting from Oklahoma. And he's
a native indian.
/se

dorayme

Jonathan N. Little said:
Not by the code you listed. The attached stylesheet "style.css" was blank

What is more, the markup posted in OP's first post is significantly
different to that posted in the url you extracted from him.

Such a mangle of sad communication going on in this thread. Maybe you
are throwing pearls into an undeserving swamp, Jonathan?

Jonathan N. Little

se said:
Hot-Text uses a top level domain of .cx in his mail address.
Could be his is a native of Christmas Island (or mere his server
placed there).

No. Native of Christmas Island did not use their TLD, it was "resold".
In addition Christmas Islands are not in the Mountain timezone. And
Hot-Text also registered with DynaDns so it most likely service the
domain with a his own machine on a cable or dsl connection.
If so, his is writing in his native language. And if so,
the forums participants included you and me, ought to accept as
is. Somtimes a little hard to handle, especially when posting
someting out of track. I feel obligated to ignore it without any
comments. I know the guy. He was a regular on microsoft win98
before MS shut down msnews. He was ignored. Only a few
plunkers there reacted negative.

He has been here on and off for some time and mostly when his posts are
nearly intelligible the information contained is typically incorrect.
By the way, I don't think the OP in this thread seeks anything else
than trying to harvest. Anyway, being on the link he posted, I was
presented for a pop-up form asking me to confirm. No option to
cancel was offered. I escaped by unloading IE via task manager.
Looking at the url page afterwards tells me of possibly more.
?p=preview and a top level domain of .co
/se

Well has no such problem wtith SeaMonkey, but then I use Ghostery
Firefox extension to block a lot of advertizing trackers...

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
What is more, the markup posted in OP's first post is significantly
different to that posted in the url you extracted from him.

Such a mangle of sad communication going on in this thread. Maybe you
are throwing pearls into an undeserving swamp, Jonathan?

Now there is a mixed metaphor! How the hell are ya dorayme?

se

Jonathan N. Little said:
No. Native of Christmas Island did not use their TLD, it was "resold". In
addition Christmas Islands are not in the Mountain timezone. And Hot-Text
also registered with DynaDns so it most likely service the domain with a
his own machine on a cable or dsl connection.

Why answering back that his timezone did not match, about 7 hours
after my second post, where I announced this the very same discovery
and correction in an immediatly following sub-thread.
/se

se

Ed Mullen said:
Whoa! Now that says a lot. Not about Native Americans, just about ... uh
... well ...

Never mind. I'm gonna have another Jim Beam. Try as I have I can't make
heads nor tails of anything this person has posted. And, actually, it
might just be doing native Americans an injustice, assuming it IS a native
American and not just ... well ... ya know?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Your rant, and sometimes indecipherable kind of rant, never stops here.
A while back here you announced your head was exploded.
Recall and se a copy of your announcement:
I may be wrong but I think my head just exploded.
I will try this later. Thanks much.

No doubt, since then your head ARE exploded. But the bad
feelings and hatred didn't leave and fly with your exploded
head splinters. It just escaped downwards, now sitting in your
body - where room for it -most likely in your Rectum, where
your kind of spirit rightful relates to. Now your Rectum are
to explode next -eh?.
No doubt; you will let it happen while indoor, walking your
kitchen or living room. Even when your wife is close to you.

/se

Jonathan N. Little

se said:
Why answering back that his timezone did not match, about 7 hours
after my second post, where I announced this the very same discovery
and correction in an immediatly following sub-thread.

Usenet is asynchronous. Your follow was not present in my client when I
replied.

Jonathan N. Little

Jonathan said:
Usenet is asynchronous. Your follow was not present in my client when I
replied.

Ugh! The Murphy God has struck because I cannot type! Now in English ;-)

You're follow-up post was not present in my client when I replied.

se

Jonathan N. Little said:
Ugh! The Murphy God has struck because I cannot type! Now in English ;-)

You're follow-up post was not present in my client when I replied.

Ugh, I didn't even catch any grammatical mistake. Guess what -
I never learned en.
/se