Advice on implementing Exception Management Block

SamIAm

Hi There

I am busy evaluating using the Exception Management Block in my web app.
I have divided my solution into 3 projects.
1) WebApp
2) Business Tier Library
3) Data Tier Library

Where would I call ExceptionManager.Publish from? My WebApp only or all
tiers?

Hope thats clear.

vineet.batta

There are number of approaches depending upon hwo u want
to mange ur exceptions.

First Approach
Keep throwing the exception and cath it the Web
applciation layer and call ExceptionManager.Publish.
Here stack trace will be long from the line where the
exception is thrown to the point wehre the exception is
finally published.

Second approach
Have a custom Exception object and throw it from nesetd
methods and passing information like method/Object/ to
the custom Exception object.
Cath is in Web applcication layer and call the Publish.

Though the above 2 are generalized approcahes to
Exception handling ... but u might need to Customize it
according to what u need to display on Web trier.

-Vineet Batta
MCAD