Advice on standards for source-tree directory layout

Discussion in 'Java' started by Spammay Blockay, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Hi all...

    I've worked on lots of projects, but for the life of me I can't
    recall seeing an actual standard for source-tree directory layouts.
    I know the layout for a webapp, but the source tree used to create
    that webapp... what ought it to look like? Generally, I use
    something like this:

    project
    src
    java
    com
    (java source)
    c source
    sql
    sql source
    scripts
    bat
    .bat scripts
    shell
    .sh scripts, etc.
    lib
    myJar.jar
    doc
    ... (javadocs, etc.)
    web
    web hierarchy, including HTML, JSP, etc.
    data
    any important program data
    conf (or config)
    properties files and other settings
    bin
    any preexisting binaries needed

    Is that generally a good setup? Or are there other setups folks
    generally prefer, or things I'm missing here?

    Any place on the web to find some standards for this? I've been
    doing some searching, but haven't found anything definitive yet.

    - Tim

    Spammay Blockay, Jul 10, 2003