Advice on standards for source-tree directory layout

Guest

Hi all...

I've worked on lots of projects, but for the life of me I can't
recall seeing an actual standard for source-tree directory layouts.
I know the layout for a webapp, but the source tree used to create
that webapp... what ought it to look like? Generally, I use
something like this:

project
src
java
com
(java source)
c source
sql
sql source
scripts
bat
.bat scripts
shell
.sh scripts, etc.
lib
myJar.jar
doc
... (javadocs, etc.)
web
web hierarchy, including HTML, JSP, etc.
data
any important program data
conf (or config)
properties files and other settings
bin
any preexisting binaries needed

Is that generally a good setup? Or are there other setups folks
generally prefer, or things I'm missing here?

Any place on the web to find some standards for this? I've been
doing some searching, but haven't found anything definitive yet.

- Tim