Advice on when to use an plain HTML control vs a Web Control

Keith-Earl

Can anyone point me to a concise article on when to use a plain HTML <INPUT
type="Text"> tag vs a Web Form's Web Control? I know the latter renders
like the former (when I View Source), but the Web Control allows me a lot of
flexibility on the server side. But now I want to use JScript on the client
side to do simple things like position to a specific control when I hit the
onblur event.

I know I can tell the HTML <INPUT type="Text"> tag to runat="server", but
can I run client scripts? Just need some direction.

Thanks,

Keith

Robert Koritnik

Check other post that is two lines below yours. The same question and
answers in other words.