    strings ?.

    --
    Eps

    burchill, Sep 6, 2004

  2. burchill wrote:

    > I am writing a program that will convert guitar tablature text files in
    > to html files.
    >
    > The problem is that guitar tabs on the internet are slightly different
    > in format, is there any classes in the java api that help identify
    > strings ?.

    String.equals()
    String.startWith()
    String.endsWith()
    String.indexOf()
    String.matches()

    java.util.regex.Pattern
    java.util.regex.Matcher

    java.util.StringTokenizer

    various java.util.text.Format implementations
    Integer.valueOf(), etc.

    and many more.

    John Bollinger

    John C. Bollinger, Sep 6, 2004

  3. burchill

    Carl Howells Guest

    burchill wrote:
    > I am writing a program that will convert guitar tablature text files in
    > to html files.
    >
    > The problem is that guitar tabs on the internet are slightly different
    > in format, is there any classes in the java api that help identify
    > strings ?.

    For a very powerful way to write parsers, take a look at
    parser-generating programs, like JavaCC.

    Carl Howells, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Carl Howells wrote:

    > burchill wrote:
    >
    >> I am writing a program that will convert guitar tablature text files
    >> in to html files.
    >>
    >> The problem is that guitar tabs on the internet are slightly different
    >> in format, is there any classes in the java api that help identify
    >> strings ?.

    > For a very powerful way to write parsers, take a look at
    > parser-generating programs, like JavaCC.

    Or ANTLR

    Peter Ashford, Sep 7, 2004