    simply is a tool no one will want of. Thank you

    The site is:

    http://scriptsearch.piksites.com
    Pik Webmaster, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Pik Webmaster

    Randy Webb Guest

    #1 hit for a search of the word "eval" is to a dead site.

    But with the state of poorly written javascripts that are generally
    widely available on the web, the fewer resources that point to them, the
    better it would be.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Pik Webmaster

    Steffen Guest

    Hey,

    Just read this and though ... GREAT IDEA ... especialy as I was
    searching for a script the other day. So I went to you site and tried
    the following:

    --------
    searchengine spider directory
    --------

    In other words I am looking for a searchengine script which has its
    own directory and uses a spider to do the indexing. Sounds simple, no.

    The result was about 7-8 entries. So I grabbed the second or the third
    and clicked. Arrived at the site and was confronted with the
    following:

    ---------
    There are 3586 listings that contain ram in the author's name.
    ---------

    So here are my two cents worth. You need to improve on where you send
    the people. Somehow the correct page wasn't identified where the
    answer came from.

    The idea is great.

    I would still suggest that you add a direcotry to it as well. Search
    is great, but ever ben in the mood to have a look around, or weren't
    sure how the guy could have described the script that you might be
    looking for.
    Steffen, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Pik Webmaster

    Eric Bodden Guest

    You should replace

    <input maxLength="256" size="55" name="q" value="">

    by

    <input type="text" maxLength="256" size="55" name="q" value="">

    Otherwise e.g. Firefox will not properly recognize it as what it's supposed
    to be.

    Eric

    --
    Eric Bodden, ICQ: 12656220, http://www.bodden.de, PGP: BB465582
    Arithmetic Coding Revealed - a comprehensive guide to AC
    Eric Bodden, Nov 19, 2004