Advise for filtering out swear words.....

Darren Clark

I am currently developing a site that will have a members sectin where data
can be posted...
Nothing huge there..

My question is, what are some methods that i can use that will stop swear
words from being posted, how can i detect swear words in text?

Lucas Tam

My question is, what are some methods that i can use that will stop swear
words from being posted, how can i detect swear words in text?

Create a list of filtered words. Or you can use regular expressions to
filter out the words.

However, regardless of what way you use... people will find ways around it.
For example, they may use F**K or FCUK, etc etc.