    Jack Jeffers Guest

    We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

    visit our site at http://www.websitesdepot.com
    Jack Jeffers, Aug 21, 2012

  2. Jack Jeffers wrote:

    > We are a professional web design spammer. We charge VERYHIGH fees for
    > the low quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are
    > web designer and website spammers with one SEO expert.
    >
    > visit our site at hxxp://www.websitesdepot.com

    Hey spammer, come back after you've fixed all your errors.

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http:/%
    2Fwww.websitesdepot.com%2F>

    "Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: 24 Errors"

    (and Transitional? A child could design an error-free Transitional page)

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
    profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websitesdepot.com%2F>

    "Sorry! We found the following errors (23)"

    You also need to learn how to use apostrophes, how to distinguish between
    singular and plural, and how to optimize images for the web.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 21, 2012

  3. Jack Jeffers

    dorayme Guest

    In article <k0uu93$gu7$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Jack Jeffers wrote:

    > Hey

    I *knew* you would be along asa I saw the OP's post! <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 21, 2012
  4. Jack Jeffers

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Jack Jeffers" <> wrote in message
    > We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for the
    > high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us are web
    > designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

    Two words of advice:
    1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join your
    team.
    2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that posts such
    as yours are not welcome here.

    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Aug 21, 2012
  5. dorayme wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    > I *knew* you would be along asa I saw the OP's post! <g>

    It was my shift. ;-)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 21, 2012
  6. On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <> said:

    > "Jack Jeffers" <> wrote in message
    >> We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for
    >> the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us
    >> are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

    > Two words of advice:
    > 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join your team.
    > 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that posts
    > such as yours are not welcome here.

    Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
    that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
    for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
    which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with
    garbage advice without even managing to get the subject line properly
    written ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if
    it's a human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth
    while.

    --
    athel
    Athel Cornish-Bowden, Aug 21, 2012
  7. Jack Jeffers

    Tim W Guest

    On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
    > On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> "Jack Jeffers" <> wrote in message
    >>> We are a professional web design agency. We charge FREELANCE fees for
    >>> the high quality designs. We are employees owned company. Most of us
    >>> are web designer and website developers with one SEO expert.

    >> Two words of advice:
    >> 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join
    >> your team.
    >> 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that
    >> posts such as yours are not welcome here.

    > Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
    > that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
    > for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
    > which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
    > advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
    > ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
    > human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.

    I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
    the hope of rising up the search engine rankings. Sometimes it is even
    more blatant - you know when there is no content to the post or the
    content is just keyword garbage.

    Tim w

    Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
    http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net
    Tim W, Aug 21, 2012
  8. On 2012-08-21 16:22:15 +0000, Tim W said:

    > On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
    >> On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <>
    >> said:
    >>
    >>> "Jack Jeffers" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Two words of advice:
    >>> 1. You probably ought to recruit a professional proof reader to join
    >>> your team.
    >>> 2. Look before you post - if you had then you would be aware that
    >>> posts such as yours are not welcome here.

    >> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
    >> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
    >> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
    >> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
    >> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
    >> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
    >> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.
    >>

    > I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
    > the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

    Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
    click on the links provided. Or maybe one competent person --
    Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
    report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
    do much for the ranking.

    Athel Cornish-Bowden, Aug 22, 2012
  9. Jack Jeffers

    Tim W Guest

    On 22/08/2012 09:50, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
    > On 2012-08-21 16:22:15 +0000, Tim W said:
    >
    >> On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

    >>> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
    >>> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
    >>> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
    >>> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
    >>> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
    >>> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
    >>> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.
    >>>

    >> I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
    >> the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

    > Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
    > click on the links provided. Or maybe one competent person --
    > Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
    > report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
    > do much for the ranking.
    >
    >> Sometimes it is even more blatant - you know when there is no content
    >> to the post or the content is just keyword garbage.
    >>
    >> Tim w
    >>
    >> Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
    >> http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net

    iiuc it doesn't matter if you click on it or not, that makes no
    diference to the ranking of the site. The google spider ranks a site by
    counting incoming links. It asseses the value of the link by secret
    methods which we can only guess at but it isn't able to know if the link
    has been clicked or not nor how many times.

    Beauregard's strange hobby of running crappy comercial sites through a
    validator may be eccentric but it is quite harmless.

    Tim W
    Tim W, Aug 22, 2012
  10. Tim W wrote:

    > Beauregard's strange hobby of running crappy comercial sites through a
    > validator may be eccentric but it is quite harmless.

    I suppose it is just relaxing to poke a bit of fun at the spammers...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 22, 2012
  11. On 08/22/2012 04:50 AM, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
    > On 2012-08-21 16:22:15 +0000, Tim W said:
    >
    >> On 21/08/2012 16:25, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
    >>> On 2012-08-21 12:55:19 +0200, "Brian Cryer" <>
    >>> said:

    <snip>

    >>> Not welcome to regular readers, certainly. But he's probably assuming
    >>> that there are a large number of casual lurkers who come here looking
    >>> for posts like his. "Alan_Smith" may be just the name of a robot, in
    >>> which case we don't need to wonder why it keeps coming back with garbage
    >>> advice without even managing to get the subject line properly written
    >>> ("Why the use of HTML is good for create a web page?"); but if it's a
    >>> human being it presumably gets enough replies to make it worth while.
    >>>

    >> I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
    >> the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

    > Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
    > click on the links provided.

    We should firmly resist in replying at all...

    Or maybe one competent person --
    > Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
    > report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
    > do much for the ranking.

    That would be a full time job... just ignore these posts altogether.

    >> Sometimes it is even more blatant - you know when there is no content
    >> to the post or the content is just keyword garbage.
    >>
    >> Tim w
    >>
    >> Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
    >> http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062
    Norman Peelman, Aug 22, 2012
  12. Jack Jeffers

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Tim W" <> wrote in message
    > On 22/08/2012 09:50, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

    >>> I don't think so. The main purpose of these posts is to plant links in
    >>> the hope of rising up the search engine rankings.

    >> Probably you're right, so we should firmly resist the temptation to
    >> click on the links provided. Or maybe one competent person --
    >> Beauregard, say, or Dorayme -- could be licensed to follow the link and
    >> report back, and everyone else should refrain. One click isn't going to
    >> do much for the ranking.
    >>
    >>> Sometimes it is even more blatant - you know when there is no content
    >>> to the post or the content is just keyword garbage.
    >>>
    >>> Tim w
    >>>
    >>> Itchy scalp? Embarassing Flaky Dandruff?
    >>> http://www.hairandscalpclinic.net

    > iiuc it doesn't matter if you click on it or not, that makes no diference
    > to the ranking of the site. The google spider ranks a site by counting
    > incoming links. It asseses the value of the link by secret methods which
    > we can only guess at but it isn't able to know if the link has been
    > clicked or not nor how many times.
    >
    > Beauregard's strange hobby of running crappy comercial sites through a
    > validator may be eccentric but it is quite harmless.

    Be that as it may, running GOOD sites through the validator can be very
    useful - because if you are unlucky (and I was once) an error in your markup
    may stop a bot from crawling most of the page even though it renders fine in
    the browser.

    It's also not a bad way of seeing if a web design company know their stuff -
    if there are lots of errors then avoid.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Aug 23, 2012
  13. Jack Jeffers

    dorayme Guest

    In article <k1523p$ol9$>,
    "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:

    > running GOOD sites through the validator can be very
    > useful - because if you are unlucky (and I was once) an error in your markup
    > may stop a bot from crawling most of the page even though it renders fine in
    > the browser.
    >
    > It's also not a bad way of seeing if a web design company know their stuff -
    > if there are lots of errors then avoid.

    If a company makes websites that look nice and are good to use for the
    majority of people, the number of validator reported mistakes is a
    less important criterion, of course, than their individual importance
    (errors are not all equal).

    In reality, a company that makes validator error prone sites can and
    do well if the consequences of their errors go largely unnoticed by
    the regular visitors and especially the site owners.

    The number of formal mistakes is hardly a really useful criterion for
    a website owner who has little knowledge of the nuts and bolts (hence
    their need to get someone else to make the site) because such people
    have no sense of what is important.

    Those who get sites made should, I agree, note validator reports. As a
    quick cluefulness indicator. But the most important thing they should
    do afterwards is stress test the sites, in different browsers, OS's,
    pretending reasonable enough variations in eyesight (expressed in text
    size settings at least). They should look at the logicality of the
    navigation system etc. All the things that escape formal validators.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 23, 2012