    http://www.webhostingchoice.com/directory/affordablehost-inc.shtml

    Definitely not affordable host at all. Warn others!!!!

    Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?
    Henry, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Henry

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Henry <> vouchsafed:

    > Twice this year they've frozen my two accounts without any warnings. The
    > last time I've paid by mistake for two years. That was 2 months ago and
    > they still have closed my accounts for TWO domains, causing me a lot of
    > problems and I'm loosing money and have to move two PAID domains to
    > different locations.
    >
    > http://www.webhostingchoice.com/directory/affordablehost-inc.shtml
    >
    > Definitely not affordable host at all. Warn others!!!!

    Above and beyond the problems you mention, I hardly think AH is affordable,
    anyway. One plan is:

    300.00 MB 15.00 GB $15.95/month

    Give me a friggin' break! I get 10000.00 MB (10 GB) for $19.95/month and
    the b/w is 20 GB or more!

    > Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?

    Is this an Australian host? Maybe that's it...

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > Above and beyond the problems you mention, I hardly think AH is affordable,
    > anyway. One plan is:
    >
    > 300.00 MB 15.00 GB $15.95/month
    >
    > Give me a friggin' break! I get 10000.00 MB (10 GB) for $19.95/month and
    > the b/w is 20 GB or more!
    >
    >> Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?

    > Is this an Australian host? Maybe that's it...

    It's Canadian crap.

    Which one you use?

    TIA
    Henry, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Henry

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Henry wrote:
    > Twice this year they've frozen my two accounts without any warnings. The
    > last time I've paid by mistake for two years. That was 2 months ago and
    > they still have closed my accounts for TWO domains, causing me a lot of
    > problems and I'm loosing money and have to move two PAID domains to
    > different locations.
    >
    > http://www.webhostingchoice.com/directory/affordablehost-inc.shtml
    >
    > Definitely not affordable host at all. Warn others!!!!
    >
    > Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?

    You probably do not need to confine yourself to a host in a country
    where you live. There is a glut of web hosts around, so take your time
    and shop around. The host I am using is described at
    http://www.hostexcellence.com/ . I have found it reasonably priced with
    all of the features I need, and it has been reliable. I am on one of
    their Linux servers, but they also can provide Windows servers to those
    who want them. However what is right for me may not be right for
    someone else, so carefully study the details for a number of hosts.
    cwdjrxyz, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Henry

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Henry <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >> Above and beyond the problems you mention, I hardly think AH is
    >> affordable, anyway. One plan is:
    >>
    >> 300.00 MB 15.00 GB $15.95/month
    >>
    >> Give me a friggin' break! I get 10000.00 MB (10 GB) for $19.95/month
    >> and the b/w is 20 GB or more!
    >>
    >>> Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?

    >> Is this an Australian host? Maybe that's it...

    > It's Canadian crap.
    >
    > Which one you use?

    The Yahoo Business one (not personal). I think there's one level lower
    than mine for less. I've had this for over a year (18 mo., I believe) and
    been perfectly satisfied. Dealt with service twice; once I lost my prime
    p/w and another time I couldn't change the name of my primary mailbox.
    Both probs were resolved promptly and satisfactorily.

    I'm not a Yahoo promoter or in their employ, etc., but I really have been
    pleasantly surprised by their webhosting. Why the personal version is
    more, I have no idea (except maybe they expect more service calls from
    amateurs or something.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, Henry <>
    > vouchsafed:

    > The Yahoo Business one (not personal). I think there's one level lower
    > than mine for less. I've had this for over a year (18 mo., I believe) and
    > been perfectly satisfied. Dealt with service twice; once I lost my prime
    > p/w and another time I couldn't change the name of my primary mailbox.
    > Both probs were resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
    >
    > I'm not a Yahoo promoter or in their employ, etc., but I really have been
    > pleasantly surprised by their webhosting. Why the personal version is
    > more, I have no idea (except maybe they expect more service calls from
    > amateurs or something.)

    They were OK, slow but OK. But several months ago they we sold to
    different owner and since that change, they are absolute crap.

    In my case still the problem is not solved. (2 days)

    When Tina was the boss, things were much better.

    Cheers...
    Henry, Apr 27, 2006
  7. Henry

    Jose Guest

    > The Yahoo Business one (not personal). I think there's one level lower
    > than mine for less. I've had this for over a year (18 mo., I believe) and
    > been perfectly satisfied.

    One downside to Yahoo, they will absolutly not let you tranfer a domain
    to another account. For example, if you have your business domain under
    your wife's account, and then decide that you need to have it as a
    separate entity, they will not permit that.

    You can abandon the domain and then try to recapture it when it comes up
    for renewal (good luck), you can transfer it to a different hosting
    company (and then Yahoo will never accept it back) but you cannot
    transfer the domain to another account.

    BTDT.

    Jose
    --
    The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
    Jose, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Henry

    feed_sheep Guest

    > They were OK, slow but OK. But several months ago they we sold to
    > different owner and since that change, they are absolute crap.
    >
    > In my case still the problem is not solved. (2 days)
    >
    > When Tina was the boss, things were much better.

    Did you get the email from Tina recently? She said she was finished with
    her non-compete agreement. Her company now is axishost.com. The offering
    there is a lot better than affordablehost.com, IMO.
    feed_sheep, Apr 27, 2006
  9. Henry

    JDS Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:05:37 +0800, Henry wrote:

    > Any really affordable hosts in Australia you could recommend?

    Why limit yourself? Except for supporting your domestic economy reasons,
    I suppose. But the internet is one place that truly is a world economy.

    In any case, I use 1and1, and I have not had any problems, and they are
    pretty affordable. FREE! Well, my account is free, but that was when they
    had a free hosting special about two years ago. I'm going to have to
    upgrade soon. But their plans are good, affordable, and featureful.

    --
    JDS | lid
    JDS, Apr 27, 2006
  10. Henry

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Jose <>
    vouchsafed:

    >> The Yahoo Business one (not personal). I think there's one level
    >> lower than mine for less. I've had this for over a year (18 mo., I
    >> believe) and been perfectly satisfied.

    > One downside to Yahoo, they will absolutly not let you tranfer a
    > domain to another account. For example, if you have your business
    > domain under your wife's account, and then decide that you need to
    > have it as a separate entity, they will not permit that.
    >
    > You can abandon the domain and then try to recapture it when it comes
    > up for renewal (good luck), you can transfer it to a different hosting
    > company (and then Yahoo will never accept it back) but you cannot
    > transfer the domain to another account.

    Well, that's very ungentlemanly of them (-as well as unwise.) However, as
    the domain comes free with the hosting account, I can't gripe too much. If
    one is concerned, the thing to do would be to lodge the domain elsewhere in
    the beginning.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.