    __
    Doi Haveto
    Anonymity is golden
    Doi Haveto, Apr 20, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Did I miss something here?

    Probably.

    > Was anyone from AffordableHOST notified?

    Presumably the staff at AH were, as were their customers. I had an
    email last night, but had an inkling when I had a support response from
    dotCanada.

    > Anyone have any thoughts?

    Plenty. Nothing clean, though. Businesses are bought and sold all the
    time.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Doi Haveto wrote:

    > Did I miss something here? Was anyone from AffordableHOST notified?

    Wouldn't it have been the people from AH that did the selling?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Doi Haveto

    BessieBee Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:50:28 GMT, Doi Haveto <>
    wrote:

    >Did I miss something here? Was anyone from AffordableHOST notified?
    >Anyone have any thoughts?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >__
    >Doi Haveto
    >Anonymity is golden

    I have several domains with AffordableHost and was notified AFTER the
    fact. I am NOT a happy camper.

    A few days ago the mail server for one of my domains "disappeared." I
    got the error message: "mail.domainname.com" cannot be found. I went
    to the live chat and found it was unavailable. So, I sent a help
    ticket.

    Got a response the help ticket, marked "urgent," within 24 hours.
    We're sorry, we think it's fixed, blah blah blah. Please let us know
    if the problem continues.

    The problem continued so I reopened the help ticket. Within a matter
    of minutes I got a reply from what must be everyone in their support
    department. They all said one of two things: 1) this is being
    returned because the target mailbox is full or 2) this is being
    returned because disk quota has been exceeded.

    I was always very pleased with the response I got from AH to any
    questions or problems. Always quick, always fixed, always polite
    people on their end. This garbage is for the birds.

    Leslie
    PS please ignore my sig, it's for the ng alt.support.stop-smoking
    *HOF*
    BessieBee, May 3, 2005
  5. BessieBee wrote:

    > Leslie
    > PS please ignore my sig, it's for the ng alt.support.stop-smoking
    > *HOF*

    You don't have a sig. A sig is set off by one line containing nothing
    but hyphen-hyphen-space. Please add that above your make-believe sig,
    so that it *is* a sig that others' news clients can treat as such.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2005