After I try latest of Netbean and Eclipse I wonder if have Anotherbeter IDE?

Arne Vajhøj

Daniel said:
It is however a widely held view that Eclipse is not particularly
intuitive. Even my Eclipse-using colleagues concede this point. I
haven't used the most recent version, but my previous attempts to use it
always made me angry. So many things were in odd places that it took
ages to find what I was looking for. I understand that you'll
eventually get used to these "quirks", but the alternatives are
generally more welcoming "out-of-the-box".

That is not my experience.

I seem to always be able to find what I want by right clicking.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
I suspect that a large percentage of C and C++ developers also have
experience with more than one IDE, based on the very unscientific sample
of those I've met.

C/C++ is somewhere in between. Many of them have been working
with Unix or embedded systems. But there are still some that
have worked only within the world of MFC, ATL, COM etc..

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

mttc said:
what about JDeveloper vs Eclipse?

JDeveloper is a "low profile" IDE - it is not very widely used
outside the Oracle world (AS).

My impression is that it is very feature rich.

But it and me does not click.

You can try and see if you like it.

Arne