    c:\>gem install rails --include-dependencies
    While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    getaddrinfo : no address associated with hostname. <Socket Error>

    YAG, Apr 4, 2008

  2. YAG

    Luis Lavena Guest

    Re: AFTER INSTALLATION OF RUBY AND RUBY GEMS WHEN I GO 4 INTALLRAILS- THAT TIME ERROR

    On Apr 4, 5:59 am, YAG <> wrote:
    > c:\>gem install rails --include-dependencies
    > While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    > getaddrinfo : no address associated with hostname. <Socket Error>

    That could mean you're not connected to the internet or that computer
    cannot resolve the gems.rubyforge.org hostname.

    try the following into a console window:

    ping gems.rubyforge.org

    You should get some output like:

    Pinging gems.rubyforge.org [205.234.109.19] with 32 bytes of data:

    If not, then there is something wrong with your TCP/IP Configuration.

    HTH,
    --
    Luis Lavena

    Luis Lavena, Apr 4, 2008